As Mo and I have said in many posts, we don’t routinely talk about bloggers or products that we’ve purchased because many of those bloggers and marketers use the hard sell to convince you to buy something… well, that’s the name of the game. But every so often you do find bloggers and products which are good, and which don’t come with the hard sell.
Now one reason we’re probably not seeing the hard sell is due to the fact that we do not subscribe to a lot of lists anymore. There was just too much crap out there, and most of it old. Also we’ve found that you can actually do A LOT with the free stuff available out there, especially when it comes to maximizing WordPress.
For several years we have been using a series of plugins to manage our affiliate links, we’ve customized the plugins to suit our business but after having seen and read a lot about a product from MaxBlogPress called Ninja Affiliate we decided to give it a try on a few of our Amazon affiliate sites.
Initially we thought that this should actually be called Ninja Affiliate scam since so many items we get e-mailed on are just that – scams.
Before we go into the results, lets talk a little about the plugin. If you want something for FREE you need to try the REDIRECTION plugin combined with one called aLinks. We’ve used this for years, though heavily customized it works for us. But this is two plugins where Ninja Affiliate is one.
Quick note – we ARE NOT using Ninja Affiliate on this site. We could, but it was too much work to convert everything over so we are using it on new sites we develop at the same time it does play nicely with other plugins, so you could run multiple plugins of the same type without causing conflicts.
Back to the plugin. Sales page is good, but a little to hype-ie for us. I mean the statement that they make “explode you affiliate marketing income almost overnight” should be taken with a grain of salt (a H-U-G-E grain of salt). If you’re not making it as an affiliate marketer, this plugin WILL NOT help you magically make it. Period.
Now if you are looking for a better way to manage your affiliate links, including cloaking them then Ninja Affiliate is the plugin you want to use — or you can stick with the free ones that do the same job, though maybe not as elegantly.
Another statement that reeks of guruism is “Ninja Affiliate is WordPress plugin developed to imbue lethal marketing powers into your WordPress blog and instantly double or triple your affiliate marketing commissions with almost no effort on your part.” – uhh, no. NO plugin will “imbue lethal marketing powers” into your affiliate marketing efforts.
Here is the secret to affiliate marketing: traffic. Half or maybe 99.99% of the battle is getting traffic to your sites, once you have them there you need to sell to them – you are PRE-SELLING. If you can successfully pre-sell the visitor and convince them to click on the links then you have done your job and it’s up to the site you have sent them to to SELL the product(s) to the visitor. If the site you’re sending them to sucks, well you won’t get a sale no matter HOW MANY people you send.
Some information about the plugin:
- Easy Affiliate Link Management – You can easily give each affiliate link an easy-to-remember name.
- Flexible Link Management - Accepts every affiliate link format out there, so you don’t have to waste time with various affiliate marketing tools.
- Create Professional Redirect Links - Use professional looking redirect links that let your prospects know you’re a pro marketer.
- Manage Links by Groups – Too many affiliate links? Ninja Affiliate allows you to easily create different groups to manage your links..
- Prevent “Affiliate Theft” – Cloak your affiliate links to prevent link theft and affiliate sabotage. No one will ever steal your hard-earned commissions again.
- Insert Affiliate Links Directly – Add your affiliate links directly for your WordPress blog editor – you’ll never have to hunt for links again.
- Transform Keywords to Links – Automatically turn keywords in your blog to affiliate links. You can set a limit too, so your posts don’t look like a spam blog!
- Advanced Display Options – Ninja Affiliate allows you to display any text you want in your web browser’s status bar.
- Use “No-Follow” Links – Control your link juice and escape punishment from Big Daddy Google with ninja precision. In fact, you can control your links any way you want to.
Now if you want to know, the description that they provide is a more accurate version of exactly what the Ninja Affiliate plugin will do for you.
Ninja Affiliate is a great plugin when it comes to easy affiliate link management, and it does it well in ONE package instead of having to use multiple plugins.
We have now installed this on about 8 new sites we’ve developed over the last 6-months to one-year and have nothing but good things to say about it. Setting up the plugin is easy – install it and you’re ready to go, well you do need to enter the links.
Like the free plugins available, creating a new link is easy. What MBP Ninja Affiliate gives you, that other solutions do not is the ability to cloak your link and convert keywords to Ninja Links – this is the powerful feature of this plugin. You can convert 1, 5 or ALL instances of keywords YOU define to clickable links – this is something that the free plugins do not support or don’t do very well.
We’ve combined MBP Ninja Affiliate with several other plugins and find that it completes the entire “puzzle” quite nicely. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the MaxBlogPress Ninja Affiliate plugin for WordPress.
However if you DO purchase through our link we’ll give you $20.00 back after the 60-day refund period has passed, just send us your order details and PayPal email ID and we’ll give you back $20.00 – the plugin sells for $97.00 and this will bring it down to $67.00. Simply comment on this post and we’ll give you money back provided you purchase through our links and the system registers the sale to us otherwise it would be foolish to give money back, right?