If you are looking for some good .COM, .NET or .ORG domains – don’t bother. A lot of the good ones are already gone. But you know which ones are not gone? .MOBI – ideal for the mobile web experience, they work just like any other domain and can be built like any other domain.
If you are looking for some great domains in the insurance niche, we’ve got a bunch available for sale:
Here is an article from Domain News on MOBI domains:
According to analysts group Quantcast, the mobile Web grew 148 percent worldwide in 2009. Obviously the mobile Web is exploding in popularity. If you’re looking to join the mobile revolution, you should get a .mobi domain. Here are five reasons why …
1. .mobi is emerging as the de facto standard for mobile internet domains With the growth of the mobile Web comes the need for standardization to allow consumers to easily find mobile content. Numerous times in the past, competing technology standards have delayed widespread adoption. In the ‘70s, it was VCR versus Betamax. In the 1990s it was Digital Audio Tape versus MiniDisc versus CD. In both of these examples, it was the format that got in the lead first, and enjoyed the widest industry support, that eventually triumphed. Today the .mobi domain enjoys this same position as the most prevalent mobile domain in use and was founded by a veritable who’s who of the mobile Internet.
2. .mobi domains are white-listed by network level transcoders Designing great mobile sites takes time and effort to get the most out of the limited screen resolution and navigation mechanisms of mobiles. Having created your mobile presence, the last thing you want is a third-party transcoder modifying your site … but this is exactly what happens when you use a non-standard domain name. By industry convention, .mobi sites are automatically white-listed by all network level transcoders so you can be 100% sure that your site will render as you intended on every mobile device.
3. .mobi domains offer better search engine performance Search engine performance is crucial to the success of any business. Because every .mobi domain registered gets its own entry in the Internet Zone Files, which are the files that search engines use to start their crawls, your site will automatically perform better than if you use any other naming convention. Additionally, search engines detect when searches are being made from mobile devices and prioritize their results accordingly. Because .mobi sites are high-quality, made-for-mobile sites, they are automatically brought to the top of the mobile search results.
4. .mobi names are designed for mobile use Despite having close to one million names, the reality is that a lot of great names are still available. And having short names is essential for mobile where entering long URLs can be cumbersome. This is great news for companies who did not get their first-preference .com address. With the mobile Web experiencing triple digit growth year-on-year, and forecast to continue doing so, creating a memorable mobile presence now represents a huge opportunity for future growth.
5. .mobi is actively promoted and industry supported The goal of dotMobi – the company behind the .mobi domain – is the widespread proliferation and usage of the mobile Web. For consumers, mobile content needs to be easily found and navigated. It’s this need for standards that prompted ICANN to make .mobi the only authorized top-level domain for finding mobile content. And by having the support of industry heavyweights such as Microsoft, Vodafone, Nokia and Google, dotMobi is able to promote a single, globally recognized, domain naming convention for the mobile Web: .mobi.
Source – DomainNews.com