I received this from a friend of mine today, unfortunately I don’t know who the source is and neither did he – but wanted to share this with you. If you read it, and recognize it please let me know so that I can properly attribute the content to the site and a link back to them.
1. Failure is normal. Everyone has faced failure. Some people talk about their failures. Some people don’t talk about their failures, which makes it look like they never fail. Don’t believe it.
2. Define or refine. Failure can define you or refine you. If you quit, you have allowed failure to define you. If you keep going, learn from it and get stronger, you have used failure to refine yourself.
3. Learn from it. Every failure has something to teach us, if we will only be teachable. To be teachable, we need to ask good questions such as “What contributed to this failure?” or “What can I do differently and/or better next time?”
4. Change your definition of failure. We live in an either/or culture. Either you totally succeed or you completely fail. Many times it’s neither.
5. Redefine what failure means to you. A failure is simply evidence that you took a shot at accomplishing something, that you want to be a doer instead of just a talker.
6. Successful people fail often. How can you be successful and fail often? You become successful by taking risks. Risk implies that you might fail. Otherwise it would not be called risk-taking; it would be called sure-thing taking.
7. Build on your failures. Many of the great success stories are built on what was learned from failure or the motivation that can come from failure.
8. Don’t fear failure. The of failure holds us back from doing many of the things we would like to do.
9. Give up your belief in failure. A wise person once said, “Failure? I’ve never encountered it. I’ve just learned lots and lots of ways that don’t work, and turned that into a few successes.”
10. Never, ever give up. An ancient Japanese proverb suggests that we are to “fall down seven times, get up eight.”
P.S. Are you looking for ways to fail? Then check out this site – http://www.tenwaystofail.com/