Commenting on other blogs is a much talked about technique to generate traffic. I use this successfully and comment on about 20 other blogs — though nowhere as often as I could or should be doing.
One question that is frequently asked is “where do I find like minded blogs?” – the answers are easy.
- If you are using EntreCard – each time someone drops a card on your blog, you are notified via their Control Panel. Visit those sites!
- Have you installed MyBlogLog? Check mine out – it’s at the end of the sidebar (yes I know, not the best place for it). I visit those that have visited my site.
- Found this while going through my FeedBurner stats – http://www.ratingburner.com/
Besides these three methods, you should also:
- As individuals comment on your blog – follow the link to their blog! Everyone likes to feel luved!
- Reply to those that leave comments! They will be back to read your reply. How else do you start a community of loyal followers?
- Install a Top Commentators plug-in so you can see who comments the most on your blog. This is an added advantage for the commentator as they get a “free” link back to their site.
What other techniques do you use? I would love to hear from you!